I took the kids to popular restaurant East Side Mario’s this week. East Side Mario’s is a Canadian chain with mediocre “Italian” food similar to Olive Garden’s, but the atmosphere is more “high energy” (meaning noisy, tacky, peanuts on the floor for no explicable reason, wait-staff in shirts with funny sayings).
The boy, who is now 13, hadn’t been since he was a toddler, and it was my 10-year-old daughter’s first time. But they’ve seen cheesy commercials for it many times over years, and could sing the accompanying “Ba da boom, ba da bing” theme song.
Veronica tried a bite of her food, declared it terrible, refused to eat it, and chatted while the boy and I ate our overly-salted meals. During the dinner, she surprised me by giving the restaurant the thumbs up.
"This place is great! It’s so loud and busy I could burp and fart and nobody would care!"
She then proceeded to loudly sing a song she’d recently come up with, called “Fifty million dollars and three eggs.” The only lyrics are the words 50 million dollars and three eggs. She was right. None of our fellow diners cared.
I’m just glad she didn’t fart.
- muffpunch likes this
- sawaboof likes this
- mayberedbird likes this
- pocketcuntents likes this
- jayfinch likes this
- jayfinch said: Welcome back. And can we please have more stories? :-)
- hermanmunstercheese likes this
- ripslich likes this
- felicitous-tranquility likes this
- nrgins said: This restaurant is so loud and tacky and awful - HOW COME WE DON’T HAVE IT IN THE UNITED STATES?!?! I thought we cornered the market on such stuff! Something must be done to rectify this…
- imsogeekster likes this
- totalinnerbitch likes this
- thathippiechic likes this
- iamjustcara likes this
- meklarian likes this
- apricotica likes this
- j-ethan likes this
- vpache likes this
- tymethiefslongerthoughts likes this
- stevenhoang likes this
- kirstensdesk likes this
- bettylies posted this